Somatostatin for Injection 250 mcg
- Acute severe gastrointestinal hemorrhage, resulting from gastric or duodenal ulcers, haemorrhagic gastritis and oesophageal varices
- Treatment of intestinal, biliary and pancreatic fistulae
- Symptomatic treatment of excessive secretion from endocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- Treatment of postoperative complications and prophylaxis following pancreatic surgery
- Co adjuvant treatment in diabetic ketoacidosis
Initial Dose : 250 mcg as bolus over 3 to 5 minutes.
Maintenance Dose : A continual infusion of 3.5 mcg/kg/hr. i.e. one 3mg vial given over 12 hr. The continual administration should last a minimum of 48 hr and a maximum of 120 hr. (5 days).
Coadjuvant treatment in diabetic ketoacidosis : In patients with ketoacidosis infusion of 100-500mcg/hr of somatostatin given concurrently with a bolus insulin injection.
Packing: 10 Vials of 250 mcg
We also deals in:
|Name of the Product||Composition|
|Somatin 250mcg||Somatostatin 250mcg|
|Somatin 3mg||Somatostatin 3mg|
FC/B-1 (Extn.), Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi, Delhi, 110044, India